March 03, 2011

Random Wargame Pics.












I'm not going to bore you with a detailed recount of my latest defeat. The pictures kinda tell the story all by themselves. The smart thing to do...

1.Would have been to use the building to my right to cut off one the major firing lanes.

2.Instead of jetting off to no where with the bikes, I should have used them as my cover shield to gain advantage of the mid-field. I would have still suffered the some loses, but everything would have been concentrated on my turn 3 to break the damn Chimera wall.

3. Dark Lances are never to be counted on. It's just dice ,but the Ravagers definitely underperformed this game. I rolled up like 15 or more shots between the two gunships and only destroyed one tank.

4. Remember your War-gear. I never rolled up my combat drugs, completely forgot about the bikes extra assault move, then forgot my Hami's have Acid guns, and I also forgot roll Flicker Fields for two of my Raiders during the game. Simple mistakes that all add up to same result.  


Well, that sums up my learning points from this game. There is always next time....

2 comments:

Tame said...

4. Remember your War-gear. I never rolled up my combat drugs, completely forgot about the bikes extra assault move, then forgot my Hami's have Acid guns, and I also forgot roll Flicker Fields for two of my Raiders during the game. Simple mistakes that all add up to same result.

Amen to that! For some reason I always remember combat drugs, but always forget pain tokens and the fact that the ravager has AV11 and not 10 on front and sides. And I've even forgot an agoniser once, which was really stupid, considering how many points it costs.

Larry said...

Yeah, I might win a game if could remember all my rules....