October 25, 2009

Mechanicus HQ Pictures



One of the first things I looked for in the new(ish) Imperial Guard book was an HQ unit that could be represented by a converted Techmarine model. My prayers were answered with Colonel Straken. I hacked off the flamer on a Techmarine and fashioned a shotgun-essque arm for him. I simply count the 'twin-linked' plasma pistol arm as his basic plasma pistol and the high toughness and survivability can easily be explained by internal bionics. I also made his bolter snub nose and painted the rounds in the clip orange (reminds me a bit more of a shotgun - and Straken, in the book, doesn't have a bolter per-say). The two cherubs are the bodyguards and the little servitor guy is the medic.






I'm pretty happy with my choice of HQ's. It seems you CAN fight a bit of close combat with a guard book now. (plus, if you castle up you can gain a huge boost to your veterans with counter-assault and furious charge at your disposal.) Check out the 1500 pt list I'm playing with now. I tried it out today and the newly added priest was well worth it.

Straken w/2x Bodyguard, Medic, Laspistols, Krak Grenades

Yarrick

Priest (attached to Straken's squad)

Veteran Squad w/Powerfist, 2x Grenade Launcher, Flamer
Chimera w/Heavy Flamer & Dozer Blade

Veteran Squad w/Powerfist, 2x Grenade Launcher, Flamer
Chimera w/Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad w/Powerfist, 2x Grenade Launcher, Flamer

Hellhound w/Extra Armour & Smoke

Valkyrie w/MRP's & Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Leman Russ Vanquisher w/Pask Upgrade and Lascannon

No comments: