September 10, 2010

Escalation League (week 2) recap & Week 3 preview



Here's a few random thoughts: I like 8th edition*, I like the store I found, and blocks of Saurus Warriors are best ignored or evaded. You most likely won't seal the deal without devoting a -lot- of resources to the melee.





Week 2 was another good time and this time I managed a win. My opponent was a really cool father that had his kid in the league too. (He was distracted a bit but I didn't mind. I'm sure his kid was having a blast.) This game was vs. Lizardmen again in a cool Fantasy-esque mission where our forces vied for the possession of warpstone tokens, which were worth a random number of victory points at the end of the game.

For next week, I bought another unit of Glade Riders, some Waywatchers, and two of the new generic pieces of wargear (from the back of the rulebook) for my Noble.





130 Wood Elf Noble w/HoDA
Elven Steed, Light Armour, Charmed Shield, Luckstone, Spear


129 Glade Riders (x5) w/Musician

129 Glade Riders (x5) w/Musician

126 Glade Guard (x10) w/Musician
THIS UNIT GAINED -Quick to Fire- AT THE CONCLUSION OF GAME2

126 Glade Guard (x10) w/Musician

144 Dryads (x12)

096 Dryads (X8)


120 Waywatchers (x5)

1000
* = so far


No comments: